If you’re based in NYC and wish to participate, please see the following:
–Upcoming travel: Washington, D.C. May 11th – 13th
- If you’re applying for this city, please include Washington DC in the email subject line and let me know what date you’re available.
How do I apply to be photographed?
When applying to be a featured cat lady for the series, please send an email to email@example.com and include:
- recent photos of you and your cat (together or separate). Links to social media are an added bonus.
- *a story
- your bio. 2-3 sentences.
- the neighborhood you live in
- days of the week you are free
*The story should be detailed and personal. Anecdotes are encouraged! Tell me about your relationship with your cat. How have they changed your life? Talk about your cat’s personality or weird behavior. Does your cat have an amazing rescue story? Let me know!
If selected, how can I prep for the shoot?
- Make sure your apartment is tidy and clean.
- If you don’t already have cat treats, pick some up! Always helps motivate the cat.
- Have a lint roller on hand. I won’t remove hair from clothes in post, so it’s best to take care of that as we go along.
How long is the shoot?
It’s usually one hour, but can be longer depending on how cooperative your cat is. I like to sit and chat with you for the first 15-20 minutes to get to know you and help the cat feel comfortable with my presence.
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you want! But I highly recommend clothing that shows the least amount of cat hair.
Where will the photos be used?
The photos will be posted on social media -Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and potentially in a book down the line. I will ask you to sign this release before our shoot.
Can I choose the photos?
While I don’t send you all the photos, I will send you the final images that I’ve chosen as the best photos from our session that you are welcome to use. I try to choose the most flattering of both girl and cat. I know we all like to look great in our photos, but by agreeing to be a part of this series, you are deferring to my judgment on which photos look best.