If you’re based in NYC and wish to participate, please see the following:
Portland, OR. March 25th – 27th Washington, D.C. May 11th – 13th Philadelphia, PA June 8th – 10th Los Angeles, CA July 19th – 22nd San Francisco, CA July 23rd – 25th
- If you’re applying for one of these cities, please include city name in the email subject line and let me know what date you’re available.
- Must be close-in due to limited time for travel.
How do I apply to be photographed?
When applying to be a featured cat lady for the series, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Attach recent photos of you and your cat (together or separate).
- photos must be attached–no zip files or links to folders
- Include social media handles
- *a story
- your bio. 2-3 sentences.
- the neighborhood you live in
- days of the week you are free (if any city other than NYC, please note the dates above)
*The story should be detailed and personal. Anecdotes are encouraged! Tell me about your relationship with your cat. How have they changed your life? Talk about your cat’s personality or weird behavior. Does your cat have an amazing rescue story? Let me know!
What are the requirements?
- Cat(s) must be rescued or adopted
If selected, how can I prep for the shoot?
- Apartment should be super duper clean and organized. Dust bunnies are not fun to retouch and clutter is distracting.
- If you don’t already have cat treats, pick some up! Always helps motivate the cat.
- Have a lint roller on hand. I won’t remove hair from clothes in post, so it’s best to take care of that as we go along.
How long is the shoot?
It’s usually one hour, but can be longer depending on how cooperative your cat is. I like to sit and chat with you for the first 15-20 minutes to get to know you and help the cat feel comfortable with my presence.
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you want! But I highly recommend clothing that shows the least amount of cat hair. Black fabric is not ideal, but if you make sure to lint roll frequently, I can make it work.
Where will the photos be used?
The photos will be posted on social media -Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and potentially in a book down the line. I will ask you to sign this release before our shoot.
Can I choose the photos?
While I don’t send you all the photos, I will send you the final images that I’ve chosen as the best photos from our session that you are welcome to use. I try to choose the most flattering of both girl and cat. I know we all like to look great in our photos, but by agreeing to be a part of this series, you are deferring to my judgment on which photos look best.