As Coronavirus continues to spread, I’m making a concerted effort to stay home and therefore all GATC photo shoots have been postponed until it’s safe to be around other people and resume in-person photo shoots.
With that said, I’ve decided to open up the GATC Instagram feed to submissions during the COVID-19 quarantine.
That means any self-identifying woman or non-binary cat person, anywhere in the world can submit their photos/story to be featured on GATC Instagram while also supporting a small, woman-owned business during the COVID-19 quarantine.
Looking forward to keeping this account going in a safe and responsible way.
If selected, you’ll be limited to one post per person and the submission fee is $25 USD per photo, up to two photos.
*All of your cats must be rescued or adopted.
*You must be 18 years or older to submit
*These submissions are for Instagram only, they are not eligible for the website or a future book.
Please send an email to email@example.com and include:
- Your favorite selfies/self portraits of you and your cat that you’re willing to share publicly (photos must be attached–no zip files or links to folders)
- No professional photos. Just make sure the photos are clear and bright. Now’s the time to use that handy self timer on your phone.
- Send a few options if you can
- Social media handles. So I can tag you!
- Your location
- A 1-2 sentence bio written in 3rd person. Tell me who you are and what you do.
- Your cat story (400 words)
- The story should be detailed and personal. Anecdotes are encouraged! Tell me about your relationship with your cat. How have they changed your life? Talk about your cat’s personality or weird behavior. Does your cat have an amazing rescue story? Let me know!
- You don’t need to be a great writer, just keep it conversational. Imagine you’re telling your best friend all about your feline friend(s) for the very first time. Or pretend you’re writing an email.
- The story should not exceed 400 words in order to fit in the Instagram caption.
Payment is accepted through Venmo or Paypal (You will only pay if selected)
If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org